Book Sharing Tips
(Suggestions of the American Library Association)
• Find a comfortable place to sit.
• Turn off other distractions — television, radio or stereo.
• Hold the book so that your child can see the pages clearly.
• Involve your child by having him or her point out objects, talk about the pictures or repeat common words.
• Read with expression.
• Vary the pace of your reading.
• Have your child select books to read.
• Reread your child’s favorite books whenever asked.
• Recite or sing rhymes from your favorite books.
• Make reading a habit — before bedtime, after lunch, after nap.
In this section:
Share this Page