Are you an engaging, creative, organized, and kind person who has experience working with families and young children?
Family Reading Partnership is looking for candidates to fill our Program Coordinator position.
Our organization aims to bring books and read-aloud experiences to every baby and young child in Tompkins County.
The Program Coordinator will focus on:
- Design, oversight, and evaluation of existing Family Reading Partnership early
literacy programs including Bright Red Bookshelves, Books to Grow On, and The
Nook at The Shops at Ithaca Mall
- Family events planning and execution
- Communication and collaboration with partner agencies
- New program development
- And more!
We are looking for someone who has worked closely with 0-5 year-old children and their caregivers and/or who has educational experience in early childhood development. The right person will have a keen eye for equity and inclusion, a fresh and discerning perspective on early childhood programming, and will be excited to work independently as well as within a small team. Family Reading Partnership is a welcoming, safe, and growth-focused environment and BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and multilingual community members are enthusiastically encouraged to apply.
- At least three years of experience working with a broad range of early childhood
populations or families
- At least two years of post-high school education
- Experience with basic computer programs (Google, Microsoft, etc.)
- Friendly, open-minded, culturally aware attitude
- Flexible schedule, ability to work Saturdays and occasional evenings
- Access to a vehicle that you can use, at least occasionally, to transport event
and program materials
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs., bend down to pick things up and reach overhead to
retrieve items from shelving.
This is a 25 hour per week, part-time, non-exempt position with a flexible start date in October or November of 2023. This position has a starting hourly wage between $17.75 and $18.25 depending on experience. You will also receive a pro-rated cafeteria benefits plan as well as paid time-off and professional development opportunities.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Applications accepted on a rolling basis and job posting will be removed when the position has been filled.