July 31, 2018
Job Posting: Executive Director, Family Reading Partnership
The Family Reading Partnership (FRP) is a small non-profit community organization that promotes literacy in children from before birth to age five. FRP joins forces with a broad-based, locally grown coalition of individuals, businesses, schools, libraries and other organizations to “create a culture of literacy” by promoting family reading practices throughout our community.
Read more about our programs.
Position summary and responsibilities: The Executive Director (ED) provides leadership for operations, programs and financial oversight for Family Reading Partnership. The ED is responsible for leadership of the Family Reading Partnership in accordance with its mission, goals and policies set forth by the Board of Directors. The ED upholds safeguards, promotes the organization’s values, directs and manages the administration, operations, organizational development, finances and programs of the organization. Development is a critical part of the role, as the ED leads fundraising and donor relations activity with strategic planning for expanding the organization’s prospects. The ED leads and directs 2 staff, provides board support, and manages external relations for the organization. Specific activities include, but are not limited to:
Development, Donor Relations, Community Relations and Marketing
- Set strategic development direction, goals and priorities with input from Development Committee.
- Build relationships with current donors and develop new donors
Program Direction and Implementation
- Provide program vision and define program direction
- Direct program priorities as set in Family Reading Partnership’s strategic plan
- Maintain relationships with partner organizations
Operations (Organization, Finance, and HR)
- Maintain overall responsibility for administrative management and support of the organization and manage a $350,000 budget.
- Assist the Board of Directors in the formulation of policies and in defining organizational goals and priorities
- Communicate important information and updates regarding program, finance, operations and human resources
Position Requirements: Experience in early childhood development or early childhood literacy. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Fundraising and prior management experience desired. The successful candidate must have demonstrated effective leadership abilities and experience building collaborative relationships, ability to work with a broad and diverse community, and strong grant writing skills
Rewards and Benefits: Family Reading Partnership provides a competitive salary and benefit package.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com